How long are your runs?
Runs are of varying distances, but generally they range from 5 Miles (8K) to 10 Miles (16K). There should be a few 15 Mile (24K) routes later in the year. All these runs are ideal for someone planning to run a 5K, 10K, or half-marathon.
What's the purpose of these runs?
I started this club because I wanted to bring together people with a common passion for the solace of running in Toronto's Parkland. I also got bored running the same running routes and wanted to discover more of Toronto. From this, I decided to set a goal to run all the routes on "Toronto's Parks and Trails Map." If you come for a run, you should love running, love the outdoors and be open to meeting new people. You may even find a new friend or a consistent running partner to train with.
I'm not sure I can run that distance can I join your run?
Generally, you should be able to run the complete distance without stopping. If you're tired, we can slow down the pace. If you can run 5K to 10K then I'm willing to walk for a few minutes if you need to catch your breath. The TPRC motto is "No one will ever be left behind."
What is the pace of your runs?
This group is intended for recreational runners who are in good running condition. The running pace is always set by the group. Generally, you should view these runs as an opportunity to vary your runs, discover new routes, and meet some like minded people with a common interest for running and the outdoors. Personally, I'm flexible on the running pace. If there is one group who wants to run at a slightly faster pace then by all means go ahead, just find a partner to run with you and let the group know. The key principal here is that no one will ever be left behind.
When are your runs? Should I let you know I plan to attend?
Runs are held every Saturday from now until the late fall or we're complete the mission of running all of Toronto's Parks and Trails. Runs start at 10:30am or 11:00 am. Each run is posted in advance with a detailed map of the route which includes parking and transportation points. If you plan to attend attend one of these running events then please send an e-mail.
Is there a cost to join these runs?
Yes, each run you join is $5. You can also pay a flat annual membership fee of $25. All funds raised are used to support the running club and any future club events.
Can I take public transit to your running event?
Yes, all events are planned to accommodate both those driving and those taking public transit. Generally, I try to start a run near a subway station when possible. There will be some runs where you may be required to take a connecting bus, streetcar, or taxi. Parking and transportation links are indicated on the map locations.
Why can't we just run in the parks? Do we have to run on the streets?
Since we're running all the parks in Toronto there will be occasions where we will have to connect to other parkland areas via public streets. Generally, I don't like to run on sidewalks or streets with much traffic so I'll always find the less congested connecting route where possible. Inevitably, we will have to run on some streets at times. So suck it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment